Monday, January 05, 2009

Evil, evil twins

I swear my blood pressure must be sky high.

I told the boys we could go to the YMCA and they could play at Club Y if they did their homework. Not only did they not bother with their homework, but they actually whined at me when I said we weren't going since their homework wasn't done. Then Brett had the nerve to try to pass of a list of spelling words as his spelling sentences homework. That was the last straw.

I am now in possession of their Wii, PS2, and both laptops. I already yanked the cable from their room at the beginning of the school year when they couldn't comprehend that bedtime meant go to freakin sleep, not watch TV until 1 AM while sitting on the floor in your bedroom.

I am so tired of this homework battle. I have decreed that they will not enjoy life (play games and go to Club Y) until they learn to do their homework without making my brain explode. Do you know how hard it is to scrape it off the walls and spackle it back in my head? I need every cell for my own homework, which begins anew next week.

Furthermore, if I have to be tortured with my own homework, I'm sure as hell going to have company. You know what they say about misery.

And here I was thinking I was going to enjoy this last week of winter break for myself.

3 comments:

doanli said...

Oh hell, I know EXACTLY what this is like, and if I remember correctly, our boys are around the same age. Sometimes, I have to lock myself in the bathroom to calm down I get so frustrated with my B's attempts to get out of doing his homework.

*hugs* Do something nice for yourself, Cinder, even if it's just a 10 minute bubble bath.

Glad I found ya after JS died on us. :)

Carola said...

Good to see you! I think our boys are the same age.

I didn't think it could get worse, but apparently Tyler made his teacher's head explode yesterday and he was sent home with a note and a referral to the assistant principals office. Which he conveniently never gave to me, so he got to enjoy a speaker phone conference. And his laptop will continue to be a paper weight on my desk.

Sunny said...

You are a good Mommy :)

(((Hugs))) and I hope the boys will start doing their homework,

so you don't have this stress going on!